September 2017 - citizenM Shoreditch collaborated with London-based designer Yinka Ilori to transform the entrance of the hotel into a vibrant public playground, inspired by Yinka’s memories of growing up on a council estate in North London. Featuring bright patterns used in traditional Nigerian textiles, Estate Playground is influenced by Yinka’s African family roots and symbolises a sense of community, friendship and playfulness - all values embodied by citizenM. The installation aimed to remind visitors of their own childhood and the sense of wonder, adventure and freedom that the playground presents.
- Create a public art installation that encourages the local community to interact and engage
- Continue to position citizenM as a destination during LDF, building upon past design collaborations
- Achieve standout press coverage as well as social media engagement
Camron sought a London-based designer who both shared citizenM’s values and could create an eye-catching and engaging installation; Yinka Ilori perfectly filled this brief. With targeted interviews ahead of LDF as well as selected media and influencer events during the week, Camron was able to achieve cut through on the project editorially as one of the highlights of the fair.
- Press breakfast with 20 top tier design media in attendance
- Community engagement during LDF week
- Widespread, high quality, media placement, including a cover feature, interviews and news pieces across national broadsheets, design titles and websites