April 2018 - Instagram appointed Camron to launch its new account, @design, focussed on celebrating the best in design internationally and the work of Instagram’s own in-house design team. Camron and Instagram identified Milan Design Week, which serves at the first and foremost date on the international design calendar, as a pivotal moment in which to launch @design.
- To engage with the global design community and to position Instagram as a thought leader and a connector within this world
- To go behind the scenes with emerging designers and creators, securing and posting exclusive content on @design during Milan Design Week and beyond
- To raise awareness and achieve a following for the new @design account via targeted, thoughtful activations and outreach to media and influencers
- To offer insight into the creative process at Instagram – as well as the importance of the design world
Camron generated interest in this project through two activations in Milan; a panel event chaired by Dezeen alongside Instagram Head of Design Ian Spalter, as well as panelists Martina Mondadori, Yves Behar and Michelle Ogundehin. Additionally, Camron managed a VIP dinner for 60 guests at the Fondazione Feltrinelli, with a mixture of design industry VIPs and top-tier international media. Camron also coordinated a series of media briefings and installation tours for Ian Spalter, introducing him to key industry players and noteworthy brands. Finally, Camron worked closely with Instagram on a strategic content plan for the launch of @design as well as supporting on content creation on the ground in Milan with five design influencers.
- 30,000 followers on @design at the close of Milan Design Week, April 2018
- 60 VIP dinner attendees
- 100 industry panel attendees
- Editorial placement in catalyst international titles including Dezeen, Architectural Digest, WSJ, Curbed, Elle Decor Italia, Corriere della Serra, Casa Vogue and the Financial Times