May 2018 - citizenM Glasgow is a cornerstone of the Glasgow creative community having previously played host to partnerships with the Glasgow School of Art as well as bespoke installations by the likes of Yuri Suzuki. In Spring 2018, Camron was tasked with generating a site-specific activation to coincide with Glasgow International (GI), Scotland's largest festival for contemporary art. In addition to being the official hotel partner, Camron worked with the GI team on managing an exhibition by Graphic Design Agency Cause + Effect as well as a series of artist talks at the hotel. A second exhibition in support of young Scottish artists and further workshops throughout 2018 are also part of the partnership.
- Engage with the local community in Glasgow as well as international visitors, driving footfall and positioning citizenM as one of the cultural hubs during the festival
- Offer enriching cultural content and programming for citizenM visitors and Glasgow residents
- Highlight citizenM’s continued commitment to young artists, by providing meeting spaces for student workshops and hosting a second exhibition in summer 2018
citizenM had worked with Glasgow International in previous years, as a hotel partner to visiting artists and guests of the festival. In 2018 Camron elevated the collaboration by coordinating a series of site specific activations, including an interactive exhibition, talks and tours hosted by artists. The VIP and press reception for GI was held at citizenM, which also served as the exhibition launch. The programming on site was used to engage with local and visiting UK media, as well as welcoming the public into the space.
- 30 top tier arts and culture media attendees to preview reception
- Increased footfall at the hotel during GI and engagement with the exhibition on site
- Strong social media engagement and content creation, including a takeover of the @citizenM account by Glasgow International